Monday, April 23, 2012

Eastern Woodpeckers

 Well back in action again after getting my sensors cleaned in the Nikon d90.Finally had some time to get in the backwoods again with the camera.After hiking for a while I heard the familiar sound of the woodpeckers taping away in the foggy hardwood stand.As I approached the sound I was surprised to hear quite a few birds in the area.
 While I watch for movement in the tree tops I was surprised to see a Red Naped Sapsucker fly by,then as I moved in closer I seen a Yellow Belly Sapsucker land about 20 feet away from me.After getting only a few photos off I returned to the trail to review my luck,as I finished my hike I returned to the woodlot to my surprise I spotted a little Downy woodpecker digging in to a tree and chatting up a storm.Once I returned home I stopped to shoot a Northern Flicker in the tree by the feeders which usually holds a few Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers.
  I've gathered a few photos of the different woodpeckers I seen the past week.
Red Naped Sapsucker

Yellow Belly Sapsucker


Northern Flicker
  
Downy Woodpecker

Hairy Woodpecker
 Still missing a couple of woodpeckers hoping the weather can clear up to get in the woods again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment